Sunday, January 30, 2011

The Last Conversation


we were parked in front of the house I remember because
I don’t normally sit on heated leather seats and the heat was on high

whirling under my skirt and my legs felt suddenly hot
like my face when she said what she had to say even though i protested

against the onslaught of Evidence that i had failed completely irrevocably
leading to irreversible significant and everlasting damage to him

my most precious one.

she was advising me while i sat in her new car on the hot leather seats
and the fan on high and it was hot and my face felt so hot and

my tongue lashed out at her without a second thought to tell her
i never wanted to see her again and i slammed the door shut

walking boldly my legs cold in the winter my heart beating
but knowing, knowing that it was over i would never see her again.

No comments: