Sunday, April 14, 2024

from family debris to space debris

her eyes looked into mine 
what was the path from family debris to space debris
I pondered and laughed inside
there were no science fairs or encouraging parents
my guinea pigs and hamsters ministered to my dreams
such as they were
dust bunnies, too.
what a curious question she was asking
the same probing one I might ask, 
I liked this woman, I would like to see her again. 
there must be truth somewhere in all this debris,
these clouded family stories fabricated to oppress,
no, there were not intentions, just ignorance and pain.
isn't life a mysterious dark cloud into which the 
lost drift, seemingly with no direction, but mine,
mine was to find truth somewhere
and in the end,
protecting those we love from debris,
whether the eyes of the most powerful space telescopes 
or our eyes gazing up to the stars.

No comments: