he invited me to sit next to him
he said that the empty seat on the CTA train was waiting for me to arrive
so we talked of such things, of Mount Trashmore where I recalled the
rope tow that burned my small hands, the cold and snow on the hill made
of trash, the man sitting behind us was also amazed that such a
thing had existed, finally shut down due to liability concerns
we can't have fun anymore - is that it
and we looked for the Forest Preserve, and on the bus,
yes, he took me to where I needed to get the bus to Kenmore
and there, crammed into the crowded seats, we talked about James Webb
we talked of such things, crazy things, like the coefficient of thermal expansion
of the struts, and when his hand grasped mine in farewell, I did not
know if we would see each other again, but there is no doubt that
one can find new friends anywhere and anytime, on a bus,
on a train, in a car, on a plane, anywhere.

No comments:
Post a Comment