Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Recycle your children


I'm not sure how but it sounds green and I know they would approve;
Do they get tossed in the recycle bin or are they compostable;
the City is so fussy that way.
Or does it mean reduce and reuse, kind of like a Freecycle sort of thing
where we parents can post our children and trade, like items in a yard sale
that sell for cheap, providing just enough cash so you can go to another
yard sale and buy someone else's cast aways.
Did an angry parent write this at dusk, or maybe by flashlight in the middle
of the night, a black marker stashed in their pocket to be thrown into
the creek later, throw away the evidence of having written such a terrible thing.
I'm not sure what it means but it's a bit late for me,  they have flown the nest
and sometimes, I really miss them. 

No comments: