Tuesday, October 6, 2026

I'm committed

 

The red duffle is packed, a color copy of my Brazil visa in hand
my husband embraces me three times, promising that I will have a wonderful time
I admit to tearing up inside wondering if this is what I want to be doing
and I walk away, into the gaping terminal, asking directions to the Delta counter
because it has moved, so much construction, chaos, and then navigating 
so many small problems that usually Stephen attends to, no TSA Pre on my ticket,
long lines, and then I read a poem about facing uncertainty, recognizing 
the restless at home (yes, while loving it), knowing it normal to be fearful 
but seeing that I am at that door to new discovery and it's important to walk
through that gaping terminal door, and face all the things I am afraid of.
I will gain courage in this, as I write this waiting at JFK for the 9.5 hour 
flight to São Paulo and I hear the others speaking Portuguese and I know 
that this is the right thing to do.
Here I go.  

No comments: