Thursday, October 8, 2026

Open the gate and walk through: meeting the Orixás

I met him on the sidewalk when he opened the gate for me
the gate that lead us to a conversation, a plan, the day to meet the
Orixás floating peacefully on the lagoon
one dressed in lilic, another in gold, yet another white for peace,
one I had met before, Ogun, from Captains of the Sands, the book
Clodes had also read, the man with the Bahian smile 
who studies history for fun and opens our sleepy eyes to 
the spirits in this land, who live amongst us, amongst the 
traffic, and the drugs, the enchantment and the open seas, no
matter your religion, let us forget the Enneagram, the 
Meyers Briggs test, I'll look for the Orixás that has been 
guiding me, open my sleepy eyes to the power within, the 
enchantment and power, and find my own guiding colors,
what I am reaching for with my hands outstretched.  





 

No comments: