Wednesday, July 16, 2008

J'attends devant le Med

One of my new readers has posted as "ami", friend in French. Thus, it calls from a poem in broken French and fluent English.

Waiting at the Med

J’attends mes amis en dehors du restaurant
……………I wait for my friends outside the restaurant
Il fait chaud, et la sueur mouillie ma veste
…………….It is hot, my vest is damp with sweat
Alors, je regarde les gens, ils attendant aussi
…………….So, I watch the others, who are also waiting
Tout le monde est impatients et ils regardent leur montres tout les deux minutes
……………..Everyone is impatient. They check their watches every two minutes
Moi, je savais que mes amis seront en retard, alors je suis relax, je m'interesse aux gens
…………….. Me, I knew that my friends would be late, I relax, enjoy watching
Un homme qui marche devant le restaurant, il se fache, il s’agit, il parle sur son mobile
…………A man paces in front of the restaurant, he’s angry and agitated, he keeps talking on his …………phone
Une petite femme arrive finalement, son amie est en train de parler sur son mobile. Elles s’embracent et entrent le restaurant.
………….A tiny woman finally arrives to meet her friend, how is talking on her cell phone. She ………….hangs up, they embrace and enter the restaurant.
Ma copine d’Italia, Luisa, arrive, en retard comme d’habitude. Elle regrette, comme d’habitude, qu’elle est en retard
………….My friend, Luisa, arrives, late as usual. She is sorry, as usual, that she is late.
Nous sommes tres contentes de se revoir encore et nous entrons le restaurant.
………We are happy to see each other and enter the restaurant.
Dans quelques minutes, mon ami vient aussi et nous buvons sangrias!
………… In a few minutes, my friend arrives and we drink sangria!

No comments: