Monday, August 18, 2008

The Temptation of Freshly Baked Cookies

What was I thinking when I said I’d bake cookies
for the one I love…who happens to be trying to lose weight?
..... (I know...they taste so good!)
And me, having just finally dropped those last stubborn pounds,
.....(I always do this, work like hell to lose the weight, then eat cookies.)
what was I thinking when I baked those cookies,
knowing I would have about 21 of them that should,
after all, in the name of freshness,
be eaten in a couple of
days?
..... (I knew full well what I was doing. I'm just pretending to be innocent.)
And I have seven left in a glass jar,
all the better for viewing,
on my kitchen shelf
above the stove.
That means twelve have
disappeared, and I only
gave four to the one I love
and three to my
neighbors.
.....(since yesterday.)
Better give away the
rest tomorrow.
.....(as I know I have
no willpower.)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yes, bring some to work and give them to me!