Thursday, January 29, 2009

Plastic Food Containers


Plastic Food Containers

The plastic food containers leave this house
filled to the brim; vegetarian lasagna made
the way Luisa taught me, with béchamel sauce
and mushrooms, with grated carrot-lemon salad,
home made apple pie with lots of cinnamon.
Every time he comes over and we cook,
he leaves with the goodies; I stash them in
the black Vitamin Cottage bag with the
empty dog food container, his wallet, the
rotten banana that is always there and a few
empty plastic bags for good measure.
I don’t like leftovers, I guess, since they
almost never get eaten here and I hate waste.
He hasn’t gotten leftovers lately, even
though I cooked the most divine
beef stroganoff, braised French green
beans and roasted garlic.
He has all the containers.

No comments: