Monday, February 6, 2012

Passing Through A Room

............................................."They passed through several rooms
...............................................filled with odds and ends,
..............................................clothes on hangers but also guns
...............................................stacked in corners"  -
...............................................from Life is Elsewhere, Milan Kundera

I would pass through his room filled with odds and ends
but there is no exit, only a window on the far side
I could float above the floor, my feet buoyed by piles of
old bank statements, mixed boxes of insect repellant and motor oil,
twenty years of T-shirts acquired at a millenia of bike races.
I went in to gather hangers, many migrated there
like birds to a flock,
I pluck them out as a hunter raises his rifle
to harvest a goose traveling south to
a warm, sunny place.



No comments: