Thursday, August 23, 2012

Sleepwalking in Reykjavik

If I sleepwalk in Reykjavik
will I fall into the sea, waking to
find myself nudged towards shore,
my pajamas clinging like icicles
my eyes blue to match the water.
How will I find him again,
the few hours I have left
before the bus leaves for the hillsides,
our lunch will be half eaten,
another woman may drink my wine.
If I sleepwalk in Reykjavik
let me walk towards those hills
where the bus will slow to a stop
to pick me up, still warm from bed and
he will hold me in my arms until
I awaken.

2 comments:

Gergő said...

That is great. I just do something similar, awaken, at daytime here, almost every day.
--
the highest building of the photo is a remarkable part of my life yet.

Genevieve said...

Thanks for the comment, Gergo! WE will bein Reyjkavik in September!