Thursday, March 2, 2017

no, I will not get up early on a weekend

Definition of weekend:  any day that I don't have to go to work.
No, I will not get up early on a weekend
I will not get up before the usual dreadfully early alarm on weekdays
and I refuse to walk the dog in the dark.
I don't care if the snow is 5 degrees warmer,
you can leave without me.
On weekday mornings, you stumble into the warm kitchen
to make your coffee while I am out in the cold walking the dog.
ok, it's a deal, you walk her in the dark at night,
but I will not wake up even earlier on a vacation day
unless I have to in order to catch a plane.
this is why I book my own flights so I don't have
to wake up early to catch a plane.
remember that my weekend is any day that I don't go
to work,
Don't forget it.

No comments: