Thursday, October 23, 2008

Slobbering Dogs Interrupt the Latest Polls


it’s hard to concentrate when
all I hear is the slobbering, gnawing
noises of two dogs chewing their rawhide,
punctuated by the cracking of bone.
my obsession with the latest polls
overturned by annoyance at how
loud and obnoxious they can be,
how thoughtless, really!
and then I know they will come
over and lay their slobbery heads
on my lap and look at me lovingly,
fully expecting me to turn my attention
to them since they are now ready.
and all I want to is some peace and
quiet so I can obsess over the latest polls.

1 comment:

frizatch said...

Funny. Whitaker is into his bone right after he eats breakfast. This coincides with Dave and I reading the news or the New Yorker and I can only take so much before I take the bone away.