Saturday, January 18, 2020

En route


Hello Dakar,  En route, Tuesday night, January 14.  I admit laughing at the number of random bags that the Senegalese jam into the overhead bins..very different from the orderly arrangement of black suitcases of the Amer     , ome white dude got all mad about it but recovered nicely.  My seat mate was very tall and kind of large for a Senegalese man.  He really barely squeezed into the seat.  The spacing seemed even tighter than usual.  We chattedd.  He left Senegal at age 6 so speaks Wolof and English. He works in a football stadium and I guess it's the off season...A woman across the aisle is a nurse in Washington, DC.  Of course, both going to see family.  

We landed at 8 am on Wednesday, January 15.  Saliou came to pick me up and it was great to see him again.  That day is kind of a blur, being jet lagged, but I managed to meet up with my adoptive son, Ameth, who was wearing the Boulder T-shirt I gave him last year.  ; )  There he is.. the view from my window out to the sea, and some yummy food.
Add caption








No comments: