Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Tough Customers at Le Poeme

I am surely having as much fun reading your comments as writing these poems. I can at least address one complaint by posting my picture at age 50 instead of age 18. As for the others, I can only take the requests to heart and try to do better next time! ; )


Tough Customers at Le Poeme

You’d think they were paying customers
the way they complain whenever there’s no
picture, or the details aren’t exactly right.
For crying out loud, I was reminded
that I don’t listen to commercial radio
so how could I have heard those obnoxious
diamond ads for Valentine’s Day?
My mirror isn’t perfect after all,
and I wasn’t thinking too clearly having
someone else to weed my garden.
Even accused of being “tricky” posting
a picture of me at 18, when now I’m 50.
On the plus side, I have received assurances that
I have my priorities straight:
Dessert comes first.

2 comments:

Cecile said...

This is the Kwality Kontrol...

Linda said...

The content is so good here -- that's why our expectations are sky high :-)