Friday, January 28, 2022

Clothes....fabrics and tailors..and more!

The fabrics are spectacular, custom clothing is not that expensive and buying from local tailors helps their economy as well.  Makale brought me to this shop to buy fabrics.  I had with me a dress from home;  I liked the style but the fabric was somewhat dull.  They will make me one like it, longer, with beautiful fabric.  I also ordered shorts, pants, pajama bottoms (short summer, longer for winter) and a tablecloth with four napkins.  I came to Senegal with very few clothes.  The beautiful skirt that Ines gave me is a bit long so I am having that shortened a bit, and am adding pockets.  Later that evening, Saliou gave me ten fabrics, 4-6 square meters of each with  specific instructions that some was to go to Tori, Karen and Mira.  



 

No comments: