Friday, January 21, 2022

Moustapha, OWEN Project partner and always on time

 

Here we are at a restaurant overlooking the sea, drinking juices;  fruits I have never heard of.  Sooo delicious.  I also love the gingembra tea here

Moustapha!!  Highly refined young guy that I had met last time, but had met even earlier because I had purchased his Wolof class.  He works at a bank, and is my partner here for the OWEN Project.  He came by last night and I offered him a nice "plate" of fish from the beach restaurant. (Quite delicious, actually).  I wanted to get to know him a bit and we talked about science and religion.  People here are quite interested in science, and often, better informed than me, because they watch alot of videos!  He is taking 3 weeks off from work and we will spend alot of time together.

Later:  Moustapha is another amazing person.  He will likely be promoted to Manager of his bank branch, Bank of Africa.  One of the few punctual Senegalese  ; )))  He and I spent time reviewing all the applications for the OWEN Project as a first cut.  We picked about 4 that seem promising as an experiment.  I started to wonder if this was worth the effort, but it seems that my committee, Badou, Saliou, Moustapha and Djiby all want to proceed and see what happens.  So, onward.

No comments: