Tuesday, April 30, 2019

J'arrive, Paris!

Charles de Gaulle airport - long, shiny corridors, huge spaces, moving sidewalks, efficient passport control, plane to train and a quick trip to the Center of Paris.  My stop:  St. Michele-Notre Dame.  No internet and I have to find my hotel in a maze of "Place de...." and five intersecting streets.  Karen will laugh that I used my compass and took a photo of a street map at a corner kiosk.  I found it - a lovely studio apartment on a bustling pedestrian-friendly street.  This is Paris, a long way from Dakar, but containing a diversity of cultures.  There are many Africans here and I think I recognize the many  tall, slender men who may be Senegalese.

I'm pretty exhausted and don't venture out much, except to eat one cheese crepe at a local shop.  I'm missing my fish and rice.






No comments: